American Language Academy
The American Language Academy (ALA) is a nationally accredited language institution approved by the U.S. federal government for admission of nonimmigrant students. ALA was founded in 2007 and has served the needs of many English language teachers around the world. The ALA offers a variety of English language courses with full-time intensive and part-time schedules. Courses are offered through face-to-face classrooms and modern interactive online instruction.
The ALA recognizes students of all races, genders, religions, nationalities, ethnicities, and educational backgrounds. ALA provides meaningful, engaging and challenging educational experiences. ALA programs are designed to give each student personal attention in small, open, diverse and interactive classes that are comfortable and enjoyable to learn. Students also participate in American cultural activities, field trips, and outdoor social events designed to build their English language skills.
English learners around the world who wish to enhance their English language skills for academic, professional and social purposes will discover various courses to meet their goals. ALA's high-quality academic English courses focus on preparing students for higher education admissions in high schools, colleges, and universities in the United States. This path program allows conditional compliance with the requirements of any TOEFL test.
|Type of School||Intensive & Semi-Intensive English Program|
|Student Body Gender||Co-ed|
|Religious Affiliation||No Affiliation|
|Scholarship of International Students||Yes|
|Conditional Admission Available||Yes|
|Top Programs||General English Programs, TOEFL and University Preparation, English for Academic Purposes|
|Accreditation and Certification||CEA, EnglishUSA Member|
|Type of Housing||Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory|
- American Language Academy, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Bennett College, Greensboro, North Carolina
WHY CHOOSE ALA
- ALA guidelines integrate all English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation and grammar with vocabulary
- ALA specializes in intensive academic English with seven different skill levels.
- ALA University Partners do not provide a pathway (no TOEFL test) for graduates from ALA Level 5.
- ALA University Partners issue conditional admission letters for ALA enrolled students.
- ALA provides a fast learning experience with small, varied and interactive classes designed for fast language acquisition.
- The ALA forms a schedule of its programs to provide flexibility with open enrollment and options.
- ALA offers free experimental education with American cultural activities, field trips, and social events.
- ALA faculties are highly dedicated and experienced, professional and native speakers who are committed to teaching skills.
- ALA’s caring and personal staff will extend free counseling, housing assistance and student services.
ALA English Language Programs, Courses and More
Integrated English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation and grammar with vocabulary.
Programs - These courses are offered in 2 faces and online
- Intensive English Program (IEP): Level 6 to Level 6
- English for Academic Purpose Program (EAP): Introduction, Level 1 to 6
- General English Program (GEP): Introduction, Lower Apprentice, Higher Apprentice, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, Higher Secondary and Advanced
Other programs and courses available on request
- GED, GRE, GMAT, Test Preparation Course
- TOEFL and IELTS
- Specific English (Career)
- Business English
- TESL Teacher Practice Program (TTPP)
- Intensive teacher training EFL program
- Foreign language courses
- Youth program
- Summer camp with tour
- Tutoring and mentoring
ALA University Pathways
- Our 90+ University Partners allow direct admission of AALA Academic English Level 5 graduates with NO TOEFL, IELTS or other language proficiency test scores. Students are provided with a conditional Admission Card (CLA) for admission to the ALA in anticipation of a successful completion of the Academic English level.
- ALA American Universities Pathway Programs (AUPP) offers a unique, fully supported online learning program that ALA students can take during or after learning English:
A. Allows students to enroll and earn credit for online courses in the United States.
B. Trained and Certified Counselors / Coaches to assist AUPP students
C. Online student support services including one-on-one tutoring