State University of New York, Plattsburgh
Important Things You Should Know About State University of New York
- It has been consistently named among the top schools in "America's Best Colleges" by US News and World Report.
- Located in Plattsburgh, NY; Montreal, Canada is a small, friendly town number 35,000 in the state of Northern New York within easy driving distance.
- By all accounts, Plattsburgh is one of the most beautiful and protected places in the United States.
- About 5,500 students have undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Including about 325 international students from more than 700 countries.
- All accepted international applicants will receive a partial scholarship of up to 35% of the cost of attendance.
- If English is not your first language. You may be considered for admission through the English Bridge program with TOEFL results as low as 57 IBT or IELTS results between 5.5-6.0.
|Tuition||$30,000 - $35,000 Year|
|Type of School||University|
|Student Body Gender||Co-ed|
|Religious Affiliation||No Affiliation|
|Scholarship for International Students||Yes|
|Conditional Admission Available||Yes|
|Type of Housing||Residence Hall|
|Test Scores||IELTS: Band 5.5+, TOEFL: 57+|
|Top Programs||Business, Computer Science, Science|
- Business: including accounting, global supply chain management and more Computer science.
- Science: including biochemistry, biomedical sciences, earth sciences and much more.
- Social science.
Introducing SUNY State University of New York Plattsburgh!
Plattsburgh State University (Sunny) College is a recognized institution founded in 1889. The campus is located 100 kilometers south of Montreal, Canada and 500 kilometers from New York City.
From your dorm room window you can see the Adirondack Mountains of New York. The Green Mountains of Vermont and Champlain Lake. Our students enjoy kayaking, hiking and summer in winter and ice skating, snowshoeing and skiing.
Academic Programs and AACSB Accreditation
Plattsburgh has been approved by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. We offer programs over 60 degrees and certifications offer Our School of Business and Economics has been approved by AACSB International - Association to Advanced Collegiate School of Business.
English as a Second Language Program (ESL)
The Plattsburgh English Bridge Program provides students with the opportunity to improve their English language skills in preparation for full-time academic study. Depending on the TOEFL or IELTS results. Students enrolled in the English Bridge program must take the ESL course. Some of which carry credit towards the graduation requirements. There are less than 15 students in the average ESL class. Resulting in many opportunities for conversations with teachers and other students.
Check This Article Where Can I Study English in Seattle, Washington?
Admission is competitive for both U.S. students and international students. The most important factors in the admission decision are the quality of the academic course completed by the applicant. The grade obtained in this course. The results of the national standard examination and the level of English language proficiency.
Costs and Financial Assistance
The bill costs about 34,235 to attend Plattsburgh and live on campus for one academic year (9 months). This amount includes expenses for tuition, housing, food, health insurance and necessary fees. International students, however, must spend an additional $3,000,000 each year on books, transportation, entertainment, clothing and other personal expenses. All international applicants are considered for financial assistance and scholarships.
An extensive orientation program is held for new international students in the week prior to the start of each semester. The Orientation Program helps new students begin lifelong friendships while learning about our campus and the Plattsburgh community. Falling semester classes begin in late August and end in mid-December. Spring semester classes begin in late January and end in early May.
The Global Education Office provides services for international students. Including free tutoring for international students. Extended time exams for ESL students, ESL courses, conversation partners, vacation accommodation, airport pick-ups and special activities. In addition, the Global Education Office provides workshops and advice on student visa policies and procedures